GRANT K. ROBERTS
Writer / Designer
eponymous at grant roberts dot com
To remember the giddy exuberance and open-mouthed wonder that video games brought me as a child, and ignite those feelings in a new generation of gamers.
Game designing. Mission planning and implementation. Character creation. Back story brainstorming. Dialogue and in-game text writing. Voiceover directing. Encounter scripting. Press demoing. Copy editing. Humor injecting.
- Planning and releasing post-launch content for Super Hero Squad Online for the next two years.
- Creating dozens of missions based on the Marvel Comics IP, and leading a team of 24 to implement them.
- Designing epic fights with iconic Marvel villains and original foot soldiers that populate familiar environments.
- Writing thousands of voiceover lines for Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wolverine, and 100 other classic characters.
- Wrote and directed over 10,000 lines of original dialogue for Space Siege.
- Crafted the entire single-player and multiplayer stories via 80 unique missions.
- Created over 30 memorable characters, each with at least 50 lines of dialogue.
- Selected the game's composer, directed his efforts, and gave feedback to submissions.
- Concepted, laid out, and fully implemented ten indoor and outdoor regions for Dungeon Siege II: Broken World.
- Implemented nearly all primary and secondary quests for DSII:BW, while creating some of the most memorable scripted moments in the game.
- Breathed life into preexisting assets to create ghostly apparitions, foreboding ruins, and distinctive weapons.
- Negotiated milestones and schedules with the project's publisher.
- Designed Xbox-friendly interface for Bicycle Casino 2005.
- Wrote and edited in-game help text and manual copy for Bicycle Casino 2005.
- Oversaw all aspects of development for Unreal II: XMP.
- Worked closely with Lead Designer and Tech Lead to streamline the development process.
- Liaised between Legend Entertainment and Tantalus Interactive on Unreal II Xbox.
- Wrote scripts, directed talent, integrated final voice assets into Unreal II - over three thousand unique lines of dialogue, over eight thousand lines total.
- Gave three days of Unreal II presentations at the 2002 Electronics & Entertainment Expo.
- Created dozens of original sounds for use in Unreal II, post-produced existing audio, and provided the voice of one of the main characters.